Sunday, January 17, 2010

Reyna's life Changes. . . . .

Last November, the person who was co-raising with me decided it was in Reyna's best interest if she no longer co-raised. This was a difficult decision on her part, to say the least, but in the end I supported her decision. At this point, I was not sure what I was going to do. From my perspective, I had two choices. I could raise Reyna full time, or I could find another puppy raiser who wanted to co-raise Reyna. I decided that it would be best for Reyna if I found someone to co-raise with me. I was at the point where I could not take her to work with me everyday, and I would feel bad about her being left alone during the day.

(Close up of Reyna laying on her bed with her head tilted)

During the time when her first co-raiser was thinking about not raising her anymore, Reyna was on a five night puppy sit with a new puppy raising family. This family happened to be my husband Tony's employer. Well, after some discussion, they decided that they would like to step up and help out with Reyna. It would be beneficial to both of us. It would benefit them by starting off with an older dog, rather than a puppy, and they could learn more about raising before they got their own puppy. It benefited me by having help with Reyna when I was working, etc.

As it turned out, this new arrangement has been a wonderful partnership. Reyna's new co-raisers are Judi and James Rowe. They are doing a very nice job with Reyna. Reyna has responded very well to this transition and we now have consistency between both households, which is really important when co-raising. Thank you to James and Judi for joining us in raising Reyna! I am hoping they will be posting their experiences with Reyna here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment