Monday, October 18, 2010

Poor Mr. Perez!

Perez laying on the exam table looking absolutely adorable.

Today I had to take Perez to the vet. I was doing puppy handling over the weekend with him and I noticed a strong yeast smell coming from his right ear. So I cleaned it really well and there was a lot of brownish discharge. I watched it closely yesterday, but it seemed to be getting worse, so off to the vet we went. I realized the one thing I did not get from Perez’s raiser family was his vet information!

Perez was such a busy boy at the vet. Just FULL of energy! We tried to get his weight but he would not stop wiggling. So our best guess at his weight is 36 pounds. When we got into the exam room, I put Perez up on the exam table. He was nervous up there at first. He only relaxed if I was standing right next to him or if I was touching him. I got a couple of cute pictures while we were waiting for the vet.

Perez laying on the exam table with his head tilted to the side.

A close up of Perez on the exam table looking very handsome!

He was pretty good for the first few minutes, but then he started to get mouthy and he tried chewing on his leash. Silly boy!

Perez on the exam table with his leash between his front paws as he chews on it.

Perez trying to chew on his leash!  Silly boy!

I had to put a stop to that, and Perez wasn't very happy about that. My son Tyler stepped and to console him a bit, and this is how they spent several minutes together. Ah, now isn’t this sweet?

Tyler with his head face down on the exam table while Perez rests his head on Tyler's head.

The vet finally came in and took an ear culture, and Perez had a pretty bad yeast infection in his right ear. We got two medications, so hopefully Perez’s ear will be better in a week or so!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I hope Perez's ear will heal quickly!

    Perez is absolutely adorable! That picture of him with your son is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete