Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reyna at the movies!

Reyna laying down under the seat at the movie theater as Sara holds her leash.

I am a little behind on blogging, so this will be my attempt to catch you up. My nieces spend the last couple weekends with us, so we decided to take them to go see The Diary of a Wimpy Kid. It was not the best movie, but the girls sure enjoyed it and it was a wonderful socialization and training experience for Reyna.

My niece, Sara, who is a guide dog puppy raiser in the making, asked if it would be alright if she handled Reyna once we got seated in the theater. I was sitting right next to her, so I allowed Sara to put Reyna under her seat and hold the leash. Reyna was very good in the theater, although she had one temptation with a small piece of pop corn that was on the ground.

Reyna is tempted by a small piece of popcorn on the ground.  She is laying on the ground starring at the piece of popcorn, but she doesn't go after it.

Sara give Reyna a correction and repositioned her back under the seat. Reyna never went after that piece of pop corn after that. She pretty much just slept through the movie, and that sure made it enjoyable for us!

When the movie was over, Reyna had a very brisk pace as we were heading towards the door. As we got outside her pace got faster and faster, She went right over to the spot where I usually relieve her and she looked up at me as if to say, “hurry up mom, take my puppy coat off”. As soon as I did that, she looked at the relieving area and looked back at me. I gave her the do your business command and within a half a second she relieved. Poor thing, she must have been having the urge to go throughout the movie. But good girl for her waiting it out as best she could!

No comments:

Post a Comment